5 Things Booksource Classroom Tells Us About Student Book Choices

By |May 12th, 2020|

To engage students as readers, we all know that book access and choice are key. But how do we know which books are most likely to spark a love of reading and a desire to read more? We need to look at the titles kids are choosing to read!

Thousands of school districts and teachers across the country […]

This Teacher Appreciation Week, Recognize the Teachers in Your Life with #MyTeacherHero

By |May 4th, 2020|

Has one of your colleagues recently gone out of their way to make your day brighter? We’re talking lesson plan help, book recommendations, distance learning support or care packages on your porch. Perhaps you have that one work friend who always listens when you need to vent. Maybe you had a teacher who made a […]

Create Your Own Graphic Novel with Booksource’s Activity Pack

By |April 23rd, 2020|

It’s no secret that graphic novels are growing increasingly popular with the students of today. A quick scroll through our recent post, The Most Popular Titles in Booksource Classroom for Every Grade, will show that an overwhelming amount of these titles are being checked out of classroom libraries across the country.

Fortunately, this genre also provides […]

9 Books/Series for Readers Who Love Raina Telgemeier’s Guts

By |April 23rd, 2020|

Recently, we examined the most popular books checked out by students using Booksource Classroom, our free, online tool that helps teachers across the country manage their classroom libraries. Guts took the number one spot in both the grades 3-5 and grades 6-8 categories.

Books this popular engage students, hold their interest and get them excited about reading more. So, if your students […]

6 Books/Series for Readers Who Love Dav Pilkey’s Dog Man Series

By |April 21st, 2020|

Recently, we examined the most popular books checked out by students using Booksource Classroom, our free, online tool that helps teachers across the country manage their classroom libraries. The Dog Man series books took the top spots, first through fifth places, in grades K-2 and landed in spots four through seven in grades 3-5.

Books […]

Our Top 10 Favorite Read Alouds for Any Age

By |April 14th, 2020|

Reading aloud to children is one of the most important things adults can do. It builds foundational language skills, introduces vocabulary, provides a model of fluent, expressive reading and helps children recognize what reading for pleasure is all about.

Next time you’re looking for a great book to read aloud, try one of our favorites, from gentle picture books for little ones to poetry to […]

The Books Getting Us Through Social Distancing

By |April 10th, 2020|

During this time of social distancing due to coronavirus (COVID-19), it’s easy to slip into anxiety mode. Many of us are feeling isolated without seeing our coworkers every day, but we’re finding solace in our favorite activities.

It’s no secret that we love books at Booksource, so we were inspired by Donalyn Miller’s #BookADay Challenge to […]

The Most Popular Titles in Booksource Classroom for Every Grade

By |April 8th, 2020|

Booksource Classroom is Booksource’s free, online tool that helps teachers across the country manage their classroom libraries. Among other features, teachers can inventory all their books and track student checkouts. We currently have thousands of students using our system to discover books they love! Knowing which titles are the most popular among that many students […]

The 10 Most Creative Places to Read While Social Distancing

By |April 2nd, 2020|

No matter how many days you’ve been staying at home to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), you’re probably feeling at least a little like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Hours suddenly turn into weeks, and we’re all in desperate need of a change of scenery.

It’s important to remember that students are no different! They’re probably also feeling […]

How District Administrators & Literacy Coaches Can Support Teachers Right Now

By |March 26th, 2020|

A vast majority of school districts across the country are closed because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As a leader in your school or district, it’s up to you to provide direction and leadership, even though you are dealing with this unprecedented situation by figuring it out in real time. From addressing the equity issues that come with remote learning to figuring out how to keep kids fed while school is closed to planning for the 2020-2021 school year, we know there […]