23 Titles to Watch at the 2020 ALA Awards

By |January 22nd, 2020|

It’s almost time for one of our favorite annual events—the ALA Awards! Each year, the American Library Association (ALA) honors the best books for children and teens with prestigious awards like the Newbery and Caldecott, and our Collection Development experts try to predict the winners before they are announced! Here are their top title picks, […]

Booksource’s 2020 Literary Awards Season Tracker

By |December 20th, 2019|

Throughout this year’s book awards season, keep track of how some of Booksource’s favorite titles are doing with our handy Awards Season Tracker! Revisit this link for the latest finalists and winner announcements.

American Library Association Youth Media Awards

Newbery Medal

New Kid by Jerry Craft, illus. by Jerry Craftget it for your classroomsee the Newbery Honor books

Caldecott […]

Do You Follow Booksource on Social Media?

By |November 19th, 2019|

At Booksource, we’re always working to make sure we provide the best and most efficient online experience for educators like you. Our social media profiles are designed to provide the information and tools you need to be the best you can be.

But, of course, in order to get all of the great content above […]

How Booksource Helped #BookYourJourney at ILA 2019

By |October 28th, 2019|

They say New Orleans is where you go to “laissez les bon temps rouler” and the recent weekend we spent at the ILA 2019 Conference was no exception!

Booksource arrived at Booth #227 with one goal in mind: to help showcase that books can take you to some amazing places. In order to accomplish this, we […]

Mrs. Kewriga’s Class Reacts to Booksource Gifting Their Wish List

By |October 18th, 2019|

Back to school season brought fun new developments to Booksource from an exciting update to Booksource Classroom to our Starting and Refreshing a Classroom Library webinars. But perhaps the defining moment came from a group of students in Massachusetts who encapsulate all that Booksource is about.

In an effort to help teachers improve what we believe […]

The Results: What Happened After We Reclaimed our Classroom Library

By |October 15th, 2019|

Thanks to teacher Ashleigh Rose for sharing her classroom library refresh with us! This is the fourth and final post in her series. Start reading the first three here!

The results to the change we made in our library were overwhelmingly positive. Below, I will share a few major outcomes.

1. The library became a built-in book […]

How We Reintroduced Our Classroom Library After the Refresh

By |October 8th, 2019|

Thanks to teacher, Ashleigh Rose, for sharing her classroom library refresh with us! This is third post in her series. To see how and why she got started, be sure to read her first two posts, Part 1: Why My Kids “Couldn’t” Find Any Good Books in Our Classroom Library and Part 2: How to […]

How to Renovate Your Classroom Library So Kids Can Find Books They Will Love

By |October 1st, 2019|

This is the second post in a series on classroom library organization by middle school literacy teacher, Ashleigh Rose. If you missed it, be sure to read her first post, Why My Kids “Couldn’t Find Any Good Books” In Our Classroom Library and How We Flipped the Script Together.
After finally deciding my classroom library needed […]

Why My Kids “Couldn’t Find Any Good Books” In Our Classroom Library (and How We Flipped the Script Together)

By |September 24th, 2019|

Thanks to teacher Ashleigh Rose for sharing her classroom library refresh with us! Keep reading to see WHY she decided her classroom library organization wasn’t working, and then read the rest of the posts in this series to learn what changes she made and how you can make similar changes in your classroom.

“Ms. Rose, you don’t […]

Starting the Year with an Organized Classroom Library

By |September 17th, 2019|

Fifth grade English Language Arts teacher Nicole Mancini uses Booksource Classroom to manage her classroom library. See how this free tool helps her organize and keep track of her books!

One of the most daunting tasks for any teacher is managing a well-built classroom library. Educators know that having a wide variety of books is key […]