Has one of your colleagues recently gone out of their way to make your day brighter? We’re talking lesson plan help, book recommendations, distance learning support or care packages on your porch. Perhaps you have that one work friend who always listens when you need to vent. Maybe you had a teacher who made a huge impact on your life as a kid or a professor who taught you everything you know. You work hard to support your students, but we want to know who supports YOU.

Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4 – May 8, 2020 and frankly, we are always shocked to find out it’s not every week of the school year. Now more than ever, we truly understand the value of an amazing teacher, so we’re hoping to really make this one count.

We want to help you recognize the teachers in your life by sharing the hashtag #MyTeacherHero!

How to participate:

1. Print out this sign and write the name of one or more teachers you want to recognize. No printer? No problem! Feel free to grab a sheet of paper and create your own sign.

2. Take a photo with your sign and post it to your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram … wherever you like to browse) using the hashtag #MyTeacherHero. Tag the teacher(s) you are recognizing and write to explain why you appreciate them, so they can receive your thanks! Better yet—film a video with your sign and say some kind words.

3. If possible, encourage the teacher(s) you recognized to participate and pass on the love! Send them the link to this blog post so that they can print and create their own sign.

It’s that simple!

Let’s all band together to spread some positivity and highlight teachers as the superheroes you truly are. ?