It’s no secret that graphic novels are growing increasingly popular with the students of today. A quick scroll through our recent post, The Most Popular Titles in Booksource Classroom for Every Grade, will show that an overwhelming amount of these titles are being checked out of classroom libraries across the country.

Fortunately, this genre also provides many benefits:

✓ High-interest titles can transform reluctant students into avid readers
✓ A decrease in the overall text load makes these books feel more manageable than traditional literature
✓ Students learn to interpret the meaning of images and words together, improving visual literacy as well as textual
✓ Graphic novels can cross curriculum and touch on content areas like math, science and social studies

To help connect with students who love graphic novels and provide a resource for at-home learning due to coronavirus (COVID-19), we’ve created this Create Your Own Graphic Novel activity pack!

Inspire your students to use their creativity and storytelling skills to express themselves with this new printable! The activity pack includes a cover explaining the parts of a graphic novel and pages of panels and prompts—some open-ended—so that kids can find the right activity for their comfort level.

Shop graphic novels for your classroom library or click on one of our blogs below for recommendations from our Collection Development experts!