6 Essential Tips for Organizing Your Classroom Library

Each school year, your classroom library helps support a whole new group of kids to develop a deeper love for reading. It’s the heart of your classroom. However, when your students are checking books in and out, disorganization takes over way too easily—paper sign-in sheets aren’t cutting it anymore.

At Booksource, we’re dedicated to helping educators. Not only do we curate amazing book collections designed to meet the needs of all students, we also have […]

How to Analyze Your Classroom Library for Diversity

All students deserve to see their stories reflected in the books they read. When you fill your classroom library with a rich variety of inclusive titles that represent your students and their experiences, along with books depicting situations that they never see or hear about in their everyday lives, you help every reader feel welcome and accepted. […]

Top 5 Reasons to Create a Booksource Classroom Account

1. Keep track of inventory and stop losing books

We know one of the biggest challenges in maintaining your classroom library is trying to keep track of everything. Booksource Classroom™ is here to help! With your FREE Booksource Classroom account, you can keep a comprehensive list of every book in your library, how many copies you […]

By |March 6th, 2020|Classroom Library Resources|5 Comments

The Results: What Happened After We Reclaimed our Classroom Library

Thanks to teacher Ashleigh Rose for sharing her classroom library refresh with us! This is the fourth and final post in her series. Start reading the first three here!

The results to the change we made in our library were overwhelmingly positive. Below, I will share a few major outcomes.

1. The library became a built-in book […]

By |October 15th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|1 Comment

How We Reintroduced Our Classroom Library After the Refresh

Thanks to teacher, Ashleigh Rose, for sharing her classroom library refresh with us! This is third post in her series. To see how and why she got started, be sure to read her first two posts, Part 1: Why My Kids “Couldn’t” Find Any Good Books in Our Classroom Library and Part 2: How to […]

By |October 8th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|1 Comment

How to Renovate Your Classroom Library So Kids Can Find Books They Will Love

This is the second post in a series on classroom library organization by middle school literacy teacher, Ashleigh Rose. If you missed it, be sure to read her first post, Why My Kids “Couldn’t Find Any Good Books” In Our Classroom Library and How We Flipped the Script Together.
After finally deciding my classroom library needed […]

By |October 1st, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|1 Comment

Why My Kids “Couldn’t Find Any Good Books” In Our Classroom Library (and How We Flipped the Script Together)

Thanks to teacher Ashleigh Rose for sharing her classroom library refresh with us! Keep reading to see WHY she decided her classroom library organization wasn’t working, and then read the rest of the posts in this series to learn what changes she made and how you can make similar changes in your classroom.

“Ms. Rose, you don’t […]

By |September 24th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|4 Comments

Starting the Year with an Organized Classroom Library

Fifth grade English Language Arts teacher Nicole Mancini uses Booksource Classroom to manage her classroom library. See how this free tool helps her organize and keep track of her books!

One of the most daunting tasks for any teacher is managing a well-built classroom library. Educators know that having a wide variety of books is key […]

By |September 17th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

7 Reasons Your Library is the Heart of Your Classroom

Speaking both literally and figuratively, the classroom
library is at the center of everything you do with your students. Here are the
reasons it’s worth taking the time to curate, catalogue, decorate and even
furnish your space.

1. It’s the main location for classroom resources.

Making this area the go-to for any student needs is a no-brainer. In addition to […]

By |September 10th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|2 Comments

30 New and Exciting Diverse Books That Are Perfect for Classroom Libraries

How diverse and inclusive is your classroom library? If you need diverse books but aren’t sure which titles to select, our list of new and exciting diverse books can help. (For even more information about these titles, scroll to the bottom of this post and watch the replay of our recent webinar, which features book […]

By |June 27th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|1 Comment