5 Ways to Raise Other Voices Through the Books We Bring into Our Classrooms

Thank you to high school teacher Jacqueline Stallworth for sharing her favorite strategies for helping all students feel seen, heard and valued in the classroom.

I am an African American, female teacher, and I love to read books with characters who look like me. I read tons of books about all different types of […]

By |April 26th, 2019|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

Congratulations to Our Classroom Library Photo Contest Winners!

When we first decided to host a Classroom Library Photo Contest in honor of back-to-school season, we weren’t sure what kind of response to expect. All we knew was that teachers need books for their classrooms–and that too many of them end up paying for these books out of their own pockets. We wanted to […]

By |October 18th, 2018|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

Managing A Classroom Library: A Carefully Curated Collection

Guest Post by Emily Visness, The Bookish Advocate. Thanks to Emily for joining us to share her tips for managing a classroom library.

Building a classroom library is a rewarding journey, one that is never quite complete. When people see the filled bookshelves in my classroom library, they tend to ask a lot of questions. Other […]

By |August 21st, 2018|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

What Is It Like to Win a Book Love Classroom Library Grant?

Nichole Folkman is the only high school English teacher at her rural school in central Illinois. She is the recipient of a Penny Kittle Book Love Foundation Grant and two time runner up for the Penguin Teacher Awards for Literacy. Her favorite parts of teaching are talking to students about books, helping them discover books […]

By |April 14th, 2018|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

Why I’m Loving The Booksource Classroom Library Checkout System

Teacher Ciji Thurman recently started using our web-based classroom library checkout system, Booksource Classroom, in her 4th grade classroom. Here’s what she thinks so far!

I came upon the Booksource Classroom site on a Saturday afternoon while doing my own little brainstorm session on how to bring back my classroom library. I wanted to not only […]

By |March 16th, 2018|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

Liberty Point Elementary School: How We Leveraged Classroom Libraries To Increase Student Achievement and Engagement

Guest Post by James A. Payne, Principal, Liberty Point Elementary School

Recently the Georgia Governor’s Office of Student Achievement recognized our school as a “Beating the Odds” School for the second consecutive year. This distinction is awarded to schools that are able to perform better than statistically anticipated by defying the uncontrollable characteristics of a school’s […]

By |February 23rd, 2018|Classroom Library Resources|3 Comments

10 Clever Classroom Library Hacks To Help Teachers Get Students Excited About Reading

These clever and creative classroom library hacks can help you save time, stay organized and get students excited about reading all of the amazing books you have to offer.
1. Build a Book Hospital

When you put so many classroom library books into the hands of students, some of them are going to come back in less […]

By |November 3rd, 2017|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

Create a Culture of Engaged Readers With Our NEW Booksource Classroom Library Videos!

We’re so excited to kick off our NEW Classroom Library Videos with a series on Creating a Culture of Engaged Readers! In these short video clips, you’ll meet veteran educator Kelli Westmoreland, find answers to common classroom library questions and get ideas for integrating classroom library books into daily instruction. Whether you’re new to the idea of […]

By |September 8th, 2017|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

The Big 3: Introducing Our 2018 Booksource Catalogs and Collections

At Booksource, we believe that creating better readers has the power to create a better world. By providing students with access to books that allow them to explore their interests and passions, classroom libraries have the power to create these readers. A classroom library filled with high-quality, authentic literature also empowers teachers to introduce topics […]

By |September 6th, 2017|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments

The Book Love Foundation Announces 2017 Classroom Library Winners

The Book Love Foundation awarded its 55th classroom library this year—and Booksource is honored to be a part of it!

Since 2013 the Book Love Foundation has given $221,000 in grants to classroom teachers. This year, twenty middle and high school English Language Arts teachers from the United States and Canada were awarded 500-book classroom […]

By |June 5th, 2017|Classroom Library Resources|0 Comments