13 Books/Series for Readers Who Love Harry Potter

One of the most important factors in learning to read is finding the right book. Chances are, the Harry Potter series was a gateway to your classroom library for many of your students. So what should they turn to when they’re ready for a new adventure? These popular, addicting titles are the perfect place to […]

12 LGBTQ-Inclusive Fantasy Books/Series Your Students Will Love

Fantasy stories allow us to escape into another world of possibilities—one where we can put ourselves in the shoes of characters who do things like battle evils, fall in love and save the world. Everyone deserves to experience reading this kind of tale about characters that represent their own unique selves.

The LGBTQ+ community should […]

50 Books to Help Guide Anti-Racist Conversations in the Classroom

It is essential to elevate the voices, experiences and history of the Black community. The Black Lives Matter movement should empower students and educators to recognize and call out racial prejudice and have tough conversations. Students should read strong Black voices and feel like their own can be amplified. Every student should feel represented in […]

6 Books About Juneteenth to Add to Your Classroom Library

June 19th marks Juneteenth, a national celebration in the United States that dates back to 1865 when Galveston, Texas became the final American city to learn about the emancipation of slaves. Today, this occasion is commemorated with parades, speeches and music celebrating Black achievement. Make sure your students are aware of this important cultural holiday […]

By |June 18th, 2020|Book Lists + Recommendations, Diverse Books|0 Comments

5 Things Booksource Classroom Tells Us About Student Book Choices

To engage students as readers, we all know that book access and choice are key. But how do we know which books are most likely to spark a love of reading and a desire to read more? We need to look at the titles kids are choosing to read!

Thousands of school districts and teachers across the country […]

By |May 12th, 2020|Book Lists + Recommendations|7 Comments

9 Books/Series for Readers Who Love Raina Telgemeier’s Guts

Recently, we examined the most popular books checked out by students using Booksource Classroom, our free, online tool that helps teachers across the country manage their classroom libraries. Guts took the number one spot in both the grades 3-5 and grades 6-8 categories.

Books this popular engage students, hold their interest and get them excited about reading more. So, if your students […]

By |April 23rd, 2020|Book Lists + Recommendations, Graphic Novels|2 Comments

6 Books/Series for Readers Who Love Dav Pilkey’s Dog Man Series

Recently, we examined the most popular books checked out by students using Booksource Classroom, our free, online tool that helps teachers across the country manage their classroom libraries. The Dog Man series books took the top spots, first through fifth places, in grades K-2 and landed in spots four through seven in grades 3-5.

Books […]

By |April 21st, 2020|Book Lists + Recommendations, Graphic Novels|1 Comment

7 Books That Will Help You Speak to Students About COVID-19

With COVID-19 constantly in the news, your students may be asking the tough questions. Here are some titles suggested by our Collection Development experts that will help spark productive discussion about health and the spread of germs.

1. How to Be a Virus Warriorby The Parent-Child Dino Research Team, illustrated by Loyal Kids

Interest level: K-3

Danny Dino […]

By |March 10th, 2020|Book Lists + Recommendations|0 Comments

Top 10 Most Highly Anticipated Titles in the 2020 Catalog

An engaging book can transport you, reveal new perspectives, push you to make a change, be a source of inspiration or shake you to your core. An engaging book can push you to read “just one more chapter” repeatedly until the sun rises. A truly engaging book stays with you long after the final words are devoured.

At Booksource, we are as passionate about carrying books that engage your students as we are about reading engaging books […]

By |February 10th, 2020|Favorite New Titles|0 Comments

Booksource Makes It Easier to Teach Science & Literacy Together

Booksource has proudly launched our Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Boxed Sets for grades K-2. These Boxed Sets support current NGSS curriculum and can be used to help teachers incorporate more nonfiction and science content area reading into daily instruction.

Why did we create the NGSS Boxed Sets?

Did you know that current research shows that […]

By |January 31st, 2020|Content Areas, STEM|0 Comments