9 Proven Ways to Teach with Take Home Reading Packs During an Uncertain School Year

If your school or district is receiving CARES Act funding, you can use it to meet your students’ literacy needs. Because your students still need books, we are working with educators across the country to create custom solutions that capitalize on their CARES funding and ensure book access and choice for students.

For many educators, this school year is a big […]

12 LGBTQ-Inclusive Fantasy Books/Series Your Students Will Love

Fantasy stories allow us to escape into another world of possibilities—one where we can put ourselves in the shoes of characters who do things like battle evils, fall in love and save the world. Everyone deserves to experience reading this kind of tale about characters that represent their own unique selves.

The LGBTQ+ community should […]

50 Books to Help Guide Anti-Racist Conversations in the Classroom

It is essential to elevate the voices, experiences and history of the Black community. The Black Lives Matter movement should empower students and educators to recognize and call out racial prejudice and have tough conversations. Students should read strong Black voices and feel like their own can be amplified. Every student should feel represented in […]

The Most Popular Titles in Booksource Classroom for Every Grade

Booksource Classroom is Booksource’s free, online tool that helps teachers across the country manage their classroom libraries. Among other features, teachers can inventory all their books and track student checkouts. We currently have thousands of students using our system to discover books they love! Knowing which titles are the most popular among that many students […]

By |April 8th, 2020|Uncategorized|4 Comments

The 10 Most Creative Places to Read While Social Distancing

No matter how many days you’ve been staying at home to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), you’re probably feeling at least a little like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Hours suddenly turn into weeks, and we’re all in desperate need of a change of scenery.

It’s important to remember that students are no different! They’re probably also feeling […]

By |April 2nd, 2020|Uncategorized|6 Comments

Booksource’s 2020 Literary Awards Season Tracker

Throughout this year’s book awards season, keep track of how some of Booksource’s favorite titles are doing with our handy Awards Season Tracker! Revisit this link for the latest finalists and winner announcements.

American Library Association Youth Media Awards

Newbery Medal

New Kid by Jerry Craft, illus. by Jerry Craftget it for your classroomsee the Newbery Honor books

Caldecott […]

By |December 20th, 2019|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Mrs. Kewriga’s Class Reacts to Booksource Gifting Their Wish List

Back to school season brought fun new developments to Booksource from an exciting update to Booksource Classroom to our Starting and Refreshing a Classroom Library webinars. But perhaps the defining moment came from a group of students in Massachusetts who encapsulate all that Booksource is about.

In an effort to help teachers improve what we believe […]

By |October 18th, 2019|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Introducing: Booksource Classroom!

At Booksource, we’re more than just a book company. In addition to helping educators select and purchase the best books for today’s classrooms, we’re dedicated to creating tools and resources that save you valuable time and help you inspire readers.

Booksource Classroom (formerly known as Classroom Organizer) is our FREE online tool that can help you organize, manage and analyze your classroom library. When you create a […]

By |September 13th, 2019|Uncategorized|1 Comment

5 Things We Learned During Our SEL #BooksourceChat

In an effort to better understand how educators are thinking about SEL, we held a Twitter chat and asked SEL-based questions. Here is what we learned.

By |September 3rd, 2019|Uncategorized|0 Comments

20 Tips to Get Kids Reading This Summer

You know the drill. Summer hits and your students head off
to enjoy a couple months of fun in the sun and—let’s face it—screen time. Such a long break from their
developing literacy skills will set them back, so you look for every possible
way to stop the slide.

Paying attention to factors as
simple as choice of reading materials […]

By |May 21st, 2019|Uncategorized|0 Comments