You know the drill. Summer hits and your students head off to enjoy a couple months of fun in the sun and—let’s face it—screen time. Such a long break from their developing literacy skills will set them back, so you look for every possible way to stop the slide.

Paying attention to factors as simple as choice of reading materials and access to books will go a long way in curbing potential obstacles. How you choose to engage these tactics is up to you!

We recently asked teachers and educators for their best summer reading tips and here is what they had to say:

Image of Summer Reading Tips
Image of Summer Reading Tips
Image of Summer Reading Tips
Image of Summer Reading Tips
Image of Summer Reading Tips

Watch the replay of our Summer Reading Webinar, “Support Summer Readers and Watch Reading Skills Soar,” to learn practical strategies for promoting summer reading, discover resources for developing a school-wide summer reading solution and access free summer reading printables you can share with parents and guardians at home.