Teacher Spotlight #5: A Truly Special Teacher in Special Education

It’s Teacher Appreciation Week—a time to honor the devoted teachers in our lives. This week we are highlighting five teachers who were nominated by colleagues for their outstanding contributions and dedication. Each of these teachers will receive $100 in books from Booksource. Thanks to teachers everywhere for all that you do!
Kathy McMillan

Nomination:

Kathy is a veteran […]

By |May 8th, 2015|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Books-Turned-Movies: Why the Blockbusters Won Me Over

Crunch! Slurp! *Excited whispers* Books have taken Hollywood by storm and are the answer for many directors wanting to create an original film. The bigwigs of movie studios have taken liberties with the books we know and love (cover to cover), but have also inspired followings for films such as Divergent, Harry Potter, The Hunger […]

By |May 7th, 2015|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Teacher Spotlight #4: Grade 3 Teacher Who Won’t Stop Until All Kids Love Reading

It’s Teacher Appreciation Week—a time to honor the devoted teachers in our lives. This week we are highlighting five teachers who were nominated by colleagues for their outstanding contributions and dedication. Each of these teachers will receive $100 in books from Booksource. Thanks to teachers everywhere for all that you do!
Sonya Merchant

Nomination:

Sonya is an amazing […]

By |May 7th, 2015|Teacher Resources|1 Comment

Teacher Spotlight #3: Grade 7 Teacher Who Lives for ‘Aha’ Moments

It’s Teacher Appreciation Week—a time to honor the devoted teachers in our lives. This week we are highlighting five teachers who were nominated by colleagues for their outstanding contributions and dedication. Each of these teachers will receive $100 in books from Booksource. Thanks to teachers everywhere for all that you do!
Katherine Speagle

Nomination:

Kathy is an avid […]

By |May 6th, 2015|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Teacher Spotlight #2: Grade 1 Teacher Who Transforms into Literary Characters

It’s Teacher Appreciation Week—a time to honor the devoted teachers in our lives. This week we are highlighting five teachers who were nominated by colleagues for their outstanding contributions and dedication. Each of these teachers will receive $100 in books from Booksource. Thanks to teachers everywhere for all that you do!
Angel Rodrigue

Nomination:

Angel Rodrigue, 1st grade […]

By |May 5th, 2015|Teacher Resources|1 Comment

Teacher Spotlight #1: Academic Lead and Wearer of Many Hats

It’s Teacher Appreciation Week—a time to honor the devoted teachers in our lives. This week we are highlighting five teachers who were nominated by colleagues for their outstanding contributions and dedication. Each of these teachers will receive $100 in books from Booksource. Thanks to teachers everywhere for all that you do!
Mindy Butler
Nomination:

Mindy has the amazing […]

By |May 4th, 2015|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Reaching All Readers

By Kevin English, High School ELA Teacher

“I hate reading!” These were the very first words I heard from Stevi (names changed to protect students’ identities) this year. She insisted there was nothing I could do to get her to read. I took a deep breath and reassured her, as I do with every student, that […]

By |October 27th, 2014|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Deconstructing Teacher Resources with Diary of a Worm

At first glance, using trade books in the classroom might seem like a challenging task. Booksource has teamed up with teachers across the country to create web-based education guides for thousands of titles and collections to take the guesswork out of integrating books into your lesson plans. To demonstrate, we’re going to use the popular […]

By |September 30th, 2014|Teacher Resources|1 Comment