To the Student Who Stole My Money and Vandalized Our Rooms

A guest post from 7th grade teacher Amber McMath.

To the Student Who Stole My Money and Vandalized Our Rooms,

You want everyone to think you’re a mean ole tough guy, a devious troublemaker, a kid with nothing to lose. I’m impressed you’re able to keep up that reputation. Because what you really are is a soft-hearted […]

By |January 12th, 2018|Teacher Resources, Uncategorized|2 Comments

Our Top 10 Most Popular Booksource Blog Posts of 2017

Happy New Year! Before we dive into fresh content for 2018, we wanted to take a moment and revisit some of our most popular Booksource blog posts of 2017. These are the posts that you read, shared with your friends and colleagues and hopefully tucked away in your idea file to return to when you […]

By |January 5th, 2018|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

5 Children’s Book Week Ideas for Teachers

Around here, it’s always time to celebrate children’s books and reading. As an educator, you probably feel that way too! But that doesn’t have to stop us from taking advantage of the excitement of Children’s Book Week, May 1-7. (Did you know that it’s the longest-running literacy initiative in our country?) In honor of this […]

By |April 28th, 2017|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

10 Ways to Use Authentic Literature in Elementary, Middle AND High School Classrooms

Authentic literature has the power to excite students and foster a love of engaged reading, but it’s often challenging for busy teachers to find time to integrate real books into an already jam-packed schedule of daily lessons. How can you harness the power of a classroom library and get students reading more throughout the day—especially […]

By |December 20th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

10 Helpful Teacher Hacks for Educators Who Need Fresh Ideas

“The most valuable resource that all teachers have is each other. Without collaboration, our growth is limited to our own perspective.”
–Robert John Meehan
Are you looking for new and innovative ideas for your classroom? Whether you spend each day with a wiggly group of kindergarten students or teach advanced high school English classes, other teachers […]

By |November 14th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Using World Teachers’ Day to Teach What We (Really) Do

In 1994, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization created World Teachers’ Day to commemorate the October 5th intergovernmental conferences in Paris, which set international standards and guidelines for teachers.

Today, it is meant as a day to celebrate teachers all over the world and recognize the issues with which they are faced.
Being a Teacher […]

By |September 29th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Starting a New Year: Building on What Worked

As I turned off the light in my classroom, ready to leave for the summer, my mind filled with thoughts about the school year – students I’ll miss and those who challenged me; projects, writing, books; current events that pulled us together. Finally, my mind jumped to next year. Yep, in May. “But next year […]

By |August 15th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Supporting Gifted Children Through Bibliotherapy

In recognition of Parenting Gifted Children Week, it seemed only fitting to explore the specific challenges and strategies designed to assist teaching the gifted learner, especially as it relates to books and literacy. Oftentimes, a great deal of attention is paid to the important and recurring problem of how best to reach struggling readers in […]

By |July 13th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

Did You See These 10 Education Stories from June?

Were you too busy wrapping up the school year in June and missed out on some news stories? Perhaps took an end of the year vacation? Maybe you just missed these headlines. Whatever the case here are 10 education stories from June you might want to catch up on.
Teacher Learning Sessions
And the winners are… Ep […]

By |July 10th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments

8 Teaching Tips From a Veteran Educator

What do you wish you had been told at the beginning of your teaching career?

I started teaching 45 years ago … And, what a wonderful journey it has been. At the onset of my career, I was full of energy, eager to work with children and lucky enough to have a mentor who knew how […]

By |April 5th, 2016|Teacher Resources|0 Comments