Ready to add graphic novels to your classroom library but not sure which ones? The following provides a list of some of our most popular titles. We’ve included fiction as well as nonfiction across a number of genres (classic literature, history, fantasy, memoir, humor and science). These books are ideal for striving and reluctant readers alike. They are just a sampling of all the great graphic literature out there. For more titles, check out the advanced search option on Booksource.com and select “Graphic Literature & Graphic Novels” from the dropdown menu next to “Subject.”

American Born Chinese - Booksource Graphic Novel Black Beauty - Booksource Maus: A Survivor's Tale by Art Spiegelman - Booksource Out From Boneville by Jeff Smith - Booksource Persepolis by MArjane Satrapi - Booksource

  1. American Born Chinese (Grades 7-12, Level Z+, Lexile GN530)
  2. Black Beauty (Graphic Adaptation) (Grades 5-9, Level T, Lexile GN450)
  3. Maus I: A Survivor’s Tale: My Father Bleeds History (Grades 9-12)
  4. Out From Boneville (Grades 4-12, Level W, Lexile 360)
  5. Persepolis: The Story Of A Childhood (Grades 7-12, Lexile NC380)
  6. Smile (Grades 4-8, Level T, Lexile GN410)
  7. The Stonekeeper (Grades 4-7, Level Q, Lexile GN310)
  8. Super Amoeba (Grades 2-5)
  9. Thomas Edison And The Lightbulb (Grades 3-8, Level U, Lexile GN690)
  10. To Dance: A Ballerina’s Graphic Novel (Grades 4-7, Lexile GN610)

Smile by Raina Telgemeier - Booksource Amulet  The Stonekeeper - Booksource Squish - Super Amoeba - Booksource Thomas Edison and the Lightbulb - Booksource To Dance - Booksource