A Literary Collection of Oddities: Booksource Book Club Reads Mosquitoland by David Arnold

Booksource Book Club invites you to read along with us. Every month or so (depending on the size of the book) a group of us book nerds gather to talk about a book we’ve all read. Now we want you to join in the fun! We’ll start by giving you an update of our last […]

By |May 11th, 2015|Young Adult (YA)|0 Comments

April Booksource Book Club Pick: Mosquitoland by David Arnold

Booksource Book Club invites you to read Mosquitoland by David Arnold along with us. We’ll post our discussion later where you can join the conversation.

I am a collection of oddities, a circus of neurons and electrons: my heart is the ringmaster, my soul is the trapeze artist, and the world is my audience. It sounds strange […]

By |April 8th, 2015|Young Adult (YA)|0 Comments

Jennifer Niven Tackles Teen Mental Illness with YA Debut, All the Bright Places

Grades 9-12, Lexile 830

“Is today a good day to die?”

This is the first line in Jennifer Niven’s new novel, All the Bright Places. Unfortunately, it does not get any lighter from there. This is an intense and big-hearted story of star-crossed teenage lovers, Finch and Violet, who have given up on the world, until they […]

By |April 3rd, 2015|Young Adult (YA)|1 Comment

Two Coming-Of-Age YA Graphic Memoirs

For this month’s review, Banter looked at the graphic memoir—a very popular take on traditional stories of self-discovery. The following two endearing memoirs are perfect for teaching acceptance and encouraging readers to rock the difference that make us unique.

El Deafo

By: Cece Bell

Grades 5-8

Cece Bell is a regular kid (although, to be clear, all of the […]

By |November 19th, 2014|Young Adult (YA)|0 Comments