With so many exciting, new titles published each year, it’s common for teachers to debate the relevance of the classics to today’s students. Are these books still relevant? Do they represent our world as it looks today?

Answers to these questions are mixed—and hardly definitive. But with many classics topping this list of Teachers’ Top 100 Books for Children from the National Education Association, it’s clear that quite a few of these titles still have a place in today’s classrooms.

Giveaway! From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler

First published in 1967, E. L. Konisgsburg’s classic novel From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler comes in at #43 on the NEA’s Top 100 list and ranked #7 in a 2012 survey of all-time children’s novels from School Library Journal. The Newbery award-winning title turns 50 this year, so it’s time to celebrate with a giveaway!

We’ve partnered with Simon & Schuster to give away three classroom sets of From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. (Each set includes 30 copies of the classic title.) Enter below for your chance to win! Giveaway closes Sunday, December 17th at 11:59 p.m. Only one entry per person, please.

(Please note that we can only ship titles to a school address.)

This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to our winners!