Literacy Solutions for Schools Spending CARES Act Funding

By |October 29th, 2020|

Everywhere your students learn, they still need books. While digital instruction has become a necessity due to the pandemic, many schools and districts are recognizing the need for alternatives to e-books and other digital texts. Reading real, physical books can benefit your students in the following ways:

Improves comprehension & retention

Students who read from a physical book are more likely to understand the […]

What Is Project LIT Community?

By |October 28th, 2020|

We’re thrilled to offer Project LIT Collections! Not familiar with Project LIT Community? Read on to learn, in their own words, a little more about the mission that drives this passionate group of students and educators.

About Project LIT Community

In August 2016, my students (recent graduates of Maplewood High School) and I founded Project LIT to […]

9 Resources for Building a Classroom Library that Will Change Your Life

By |October 15th, 2020|

Building a classroom library is one of the most important things you can do as an educator. Fostering a love of reading in your students is essential to developing the literacy skills that form the building blocks of all learning.

If you’re looking at empty shelves and wondering where to begin, or if you’re curious about ways to improve your already amazing library, we’ve got the links you need below! Scroll […]

How to Use Books to Reach Your Spanish-Speaking Students

By |October 8th, 2020|

According to
the National Center for Education Statistics, approximately 77% of the 4.8
million ELL students in public schools speak Spanish as their first language. Spanish-speaking
students face unique challenges in the classroom, but like all students, they
deserve access to high-quality books that help them fall in love with reading
and develop essential literacy skills.

In fact, the right […]

New Release Books for Your Classroom: October 2020

By |October 1st, 2020|

From the anticipated return of beloved characters like Greg Heffley, Sofia Valdez and Tristan Strong to new adventures from authors students already love like Jerry Craft, Kwame Alexander and Lamar Giles, there is a book for everyone coming out this October.

Scroll to find all our new releases below and get excited to add some […]

Share the Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg with Your Students

By |September 21st, 2020|

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a modern icon and a role model fighting for equal rights for all, especially women.

As a student, teacher, lawyer and judge, Ruth often experienced discrimination. But she persisted, championing equality in pay and opportunity. Her brilliant mind, compelling arguments and staunch commitment to truth and justice have convinced many […]

Printables & Booklists: How to Teach Your Students About Voting

By |September 16th, 2020|

We know it is hard to talk about political elections and voting, especially in the classroom, but no matter what age group you teach, there are many resources you can use to help your students understand our democratic process.

Books are one of our favorite tools for introducing any number of topics, because you can draw from engaging fiction and nonfiction titles at the right […]

6 Reasons Why It’s Important for Kids to Read Real Books

By |September 10th, 2020|

If your school or district is receiving CARES Act funding, you can use it to meet your students’ literacy needs. Because your students still need books, we are working with educators across the country to create custom solutions that capitalize on their CARES funding and ensure book access and choice for students.

The trend to add e-readers, laptops and tablets to classrooms has led many […]

Project LIT Book Club Favorites for Your Classroom

By |August 31st, 2020|

Project LIT is a national, grassroots literacy movement—a network of dedicated teachers and students who are committed to increasing access to culturally relevant books and promoting a love of reading in schools and communities across America.

Each year, they select a number of new releases to provide an opportunity to read and discuss themes and […]

9 At-Home Reading Strategies to Share with Parents & Families

By |August 25th, 2020|

If your school or district is receiving CARES Act funding, you can use it to meet your students’ literacy needs. Because your students still need books, we are working with educators across the country to create custom solutions that capitalize on their CARES funding and ensure book access and choice for students.

As teachers, you know that reading together supports children’s literacy development, specifically […]