Recommended Black History Month Titles for Every Grade Level

By |February 4th, 2021|

From anthologies to graphic novels, fantasies to realistic tales depicting everyday issues, there are so many rich stories and themes to explore in the classroom with your students during Black History Month (February) and any time of the year. All kids deserve to see themselves represented in the books they read, and all kids can […]

11 Inspiring Social Justice Books for Elementary Readers

By |January 13th, 2021|

“School is a place where many issues facing our nation rise to the forefront. As teachers, how do we best prepare our students to face and discuss social justice concerns? For many of us, books offer a solid place to start.” – Katherine Bassett, National Network of State Teachers of the Year

Teaching social justice opens […]

Top 50 Most Anticipated Books to Teach in 2021

By |January 12th, 2021|

At
Booksource, our home is the classroom library. We live and breathe books. As
experts in children’s and young adult literature for the classroom, we have
spent decades reading and cultivating custom lists of books that fit every
classroom need imaginable, from fiction to STEM, fresh new reads to
classroom-proven favorites, read alouds to independent reading.

Each
year, we get so […]

New Release Books for Your Classroom: January 2021

By |January 7th, 2021|

With the new year comes new release books for your classroom library! Refresh with an amazing list of books available this January including a new series written for the star inside every kid, a new novel from the author of The Hate U Give and a book from literary legend Gary Paulsen.

Scroll to find them […]

The Best 20 Books Released in 2020 for Every Grade Level

By |December 17th, 2020|

2020 was a year of new things: learning experiences, social change, challenges — and new literature. In many instances, we fought and rose above. In other instances, we struggled. Even so, books were a welcome constant that both comforted and enlightened us.

Whether we were looking for an escape or commentary on the world in […]

7 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do in Booksource Classroom

By |December 10th, 2020|

At Booksource, we’re dedicated to helping educators. Not only do we curate amazing book collections designed to meet the needs of all students, we also have a free online tool to organize them.

5 Steps to Set Up Your Booksource Classroom Account

Whether you’re new to Booksource Classroom or you’ve been using it for years, you’ll want to make sure you use your account to its fullest. That’s why […]

New Release Books for Your Classroom: December 2020

By |December 3rd, 2020|

Between a charming new tale from fan favorite author Dav Pilkey and an essential text for the anti-racist movement, December’s new release books are must-haves.

Scroll to find them below and get excited to add some fresh reads to your classroom library!

1. Cat Kid Comic Clubby Dav Pilkey

Interest level: 2-5

Welcome to the Cat Kid Comic Club, […]

5 Steps to Set Up Your Booksource Classroom Account

By |November 25th, 2020|

You created a Booksource Classroom account to help organize your classroom library. Whether you’re excited about analyzing your books for diversity with the LibraryLens™ feature or you’re just looking for a digital way to facilitate student checkout, there are a few things you’ll have to set up first.

It can be overwhelming … we understand, and we are here to help! Below, we’ve listed the first five things to do after […]

How to Quarantine Your Classroom Library Books for Student Safety

By |November 12th, 2020|

Whether you’ve spent a lot of time and care building your classroom library over the years or you’re just starting out, it probably felt unnerving to have everything grind to a halt because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Suddenly, educators were faced with the challenges of not only teaching online but also getting books in the hands […]

New Release Books for Your Classroom: November 2020

By |November 5th, 2020|

From the biographical tales of star Rita Moreno to an adorable new story from favorite author Jory John, November brings new releases that your students will love finding on your classroom library shelves.

Scroll to find all our new releases below and get excited to add some fresh reads to your classroom library!

1. A Girl Named […]