Missouri’s Go-To Conference: Write to Learn 2016

For 12 of the past 13 years, I have attended the Write to Learn Conference in Osage Beach, MO, and each year this conference surpasses my expectations. This year stayed true to tradition: excellent and meaningful networking; professional learning from some of the best—Meenoo Rami, Barri Bumgarner, and Tanny McGregor, and one of my new […]

By |March 4th, 2016|Professional Development|0 Comments

Ivan Illich’s Deschooling Society: Every Teacher’s Must Read

While most of the professional development books I read are how-to books, and not in any way heavy or philosophical, Ivan Illich’s Deschooling Society most certainly is a deep read. Had I not had this book on an assigned reading list, I would never have chosen it. Now that I have read it, I think […]

By |January 27th, 2016|Professional Development|2 Comments

Don’t Miss These Stand-Out Sessions at NCTE!

The annual National Council of Teachers of English conference is right around the corner, and what a line up they have waiting for us! Below are some not to miss sessions with some of our favorite experts in the field of education. Be sure to check them out!

Saturday 11/21: 8:00AM – 9:15AM

Pam Allyn, director and […]

By |November 4th, 2015|Professional Development|Comments Off on Don’t Miss These Stand-Out Sessions at NCTE!

Reinvent Research (Remove the Yawns)

By Christopher Lehman, Literacy Professional

Information is everywhere. The amount produced in the three-year period from 1999 to 2002 was equal to the amount produced in the entire history of the world (Darling-Hammond, 2010). Our children are growing up in a time where it is essential to be an informed, engaged and critical learner.

That said, I […]

By |May 20th, 2014|Professional Development|0 Comments