Learning to Swim: My Reading Institute Experience

By Michelle Ramos, First Grade Teachers at La Pluma Elementary School

As an avid reader and first grade teacher, authors are my rock stars. Last week, I had the chance to meet and listen to two of my favorite authors, Donalyn Miller and Kathy Collins. They each were keynote speakers at the Reading and Writing Project […]

By |September 12th, 2014|Literacy News + Events|0 Comments

Spreading the Book Love: The Book Love Foundation Donates Classroom Libraries to Secondary Teachers

Apply for the 2015 grant here.

In 2012, Penny Kittle, a 30 year teaching veteran, author and national speaker, was moved by a letter from a former student about spending her own money to purchase books in order to build her classroom library. An idea was planted. She knew that so many teachers across the country […]

By |September 4th, 2014|Literacy News + Events|0 Comments