Celebrate National Poetry Month with These New Titles!

April is National Poetry Month, and it’s a great time to introduce students of all ages to a variety of poets and poems. This month’s selection of titles contains pieces from traditional and well-known poets as well as new voices, all of which can be an ideal introduction to poetry for your students.

Won Ton and […]

By |March 9th, 2015|Genres|1 Comment

3-2-1 Fairy Tales: Three Elementary Fairy Tales

By now, your students are probably familiar with some of the Disney renditions of classic fairy tales, so I handpicked three titles to incorporate into your elementary classrooms that keep the magic of fairy tales alive on the page.

Click the TR buttons to find a free Teacher Resource with the title.

The Princess and the Pea […]

By |March 3rd, 2015|Genres|0 Comments

Top Ten Biographies and Memoirs

Freshen up your classroom library with these memoirs and biographies your students will love!

Brown Girl Dreaming (Grades 5-10, Lexile 990): Written in beautiful verse, renowned and award-winning author Jacqueline Woodson shares her story of growing up in both the North and South during the 1960s and 1970s.

Sisters (Grades 4-8, Lexile GN320): In a follow up […]

By |November 19th, 2014|Genres|0 Comments

Booksource’s Top Ten Novels in Verse

Have you tried novels in verse with your students? These novel-length narratives are written in verse or poetry instead of prose. They have all the literary finesse of a standard novel but are typically faster reads. As a result, they can act as great confidence builders for your striving readers and might just spark a […]

By |May 30th, 2014|Genres|0 Comments

Standout Poetry Titles for the Classroom

Many poems have stuck with me from my youth. They still supply me with delight (“I went away last August to summer camp in Maine, And there I met a camper called Eat-It-All Elaine.”), help me ponder deep, important questions (“What happens to a dream deferred?”) and inspire me to live with passion (“The wind […]

By |May 30th, 2014|Genres|0 Comments