Did you know that 2015 was the inaugural year of the Booksource Scout Awards? The Booksource Scout Awards essentially evolved from our internal staff mock awards to an award for our community of readers and teachers. It’s designed to celebrate books that should have a lasting place in classroom libraries. The ballots are in, and we couldn’t be happier with the results! So without further ado, here they are! Thank you to everyone who voted and congratulations to the winners!

Favorite Picture Book:

Sidewalk Flowers by Jonarno Lawson, illustrated by Sydney Smith (Grades P-2)

Sidewalk Flowers

Favorite Middle Grade Novel:

Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt (Grades 5-8, Level W, Lexile 550)

Fish in a Tree Book

Favorite Young Adult Novel:

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (Grades 9-12, Lexile 830)

All The Bright Places

Favorite Graphic Novel:

Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson (Grades 4-7, Lexile GN440)

Roller Girl

Favorite for the Content Areas (Math, Science and Social Studies):

Winnie: The True Story of the Bear Who Inspired Winnie-The-Pooh by Sally M. Walker, illustrated by Jonathan D. Voss (Level P-3, Lexile 540)

Winnie The True Story of the Bear Who Inspired Winnie-The-Pooh

Favorite Biography:

I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda (Grades 7-12, Lexile 790)

I Will Always Write Back

Favorite Poetry:

Won Ton and Chopstick: A Cat and Dog Tale Told in Haiku by Lee Wardlaw, illustrated by Eugene Yelchin (Grades K-3)

Won Ton and Chopstick by Lee Wardlaw

Best Overall:

Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan (Grades 5-9, Lexile 680)

Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan

Booksource Recommendations

ALA Best Books Fiction Middle School

 ALA Best Books Fiction

ALA Great Graphic Novels For Teens Middle School

ALA Great Graphic Novels For Teens

Newbery Medal Winners Middle School Collection

Newbery Medal Winners