Every “wild” reader always has a story that they continually come back to and reread, to “absorb a treasured story into their skin” (Donalyn Miller, Reading in the Wild), Life and Death (Grades 9-12) by Stephenie Meyer provides fans a chance to experience her contemporary classic, Twilight, all over again with fresh eyes. Now told from the perspective of a boy, these iconic characters have swapped roles where Bella has become Beau and Edward is now Edythe. Through the perspective switch readers will notice subtle changes to their favorite scenes:

Twilight Life and Death Dual Edition

“About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” (132, Twilight)

“There were a few things I knew for sure. For one, Edythe was an actual vampire. For another, there was a part of her that saw me as food. But in the end, none of that mattered. All that mattered was that I loved her, more than I’d ever imagined it was possible to love anything. She was everything I wanted, the only thing I would ever want.” (149, Life and Death)

The story remains familiar and manages to carry the same suspense and romance of the original throughout, but a surprise ending changes the pace and gives readers something new to read. This anniversary edition provides a great opportunity to compare and contrast, while discovering new aspects that may have been previously overlooked.

Dying to get a copy of this dual edition? Enter to win a copy of the Twilight Tenth Anniversary/Life and Death!

Enter by completing the form below. Entries are limited to the United States. Contest ends 11:59 p.m. CST on January 29, 2016. Winners will be randomly selected.

Contest is closed. Congratulations to winners Joanne R. and Rachel R.!

Booksource Recommendations

 Fresh Paranormal High School collection

Fresh New Paranormal And Supernatural

Reads — High School