Grade Level: Special Education K-3

From: Bay Minette, AL (I teach at Elsanor School in Robertsdale, AL)

Favorite Book: The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller

Favorite Teaching Moment: Every moment I spend with my students is special to me!

When you have free time you like to: Spend time with my family.

If you were an animal you would be a: Horse

Favorite Food: Shrimp and steak.

Favorite Movie/TV Show: The Electric Horseman/Heartland

Kathy says, “I have taught special education for 29 years and cannot imagine doing anything else. I am married to the love of my life. I have four wonderful grandchildren that I dearly love. I am an animal lover (horses and dogs especially). My favorite subject to teach is reading. When I retire from teaching, I would love to be an equine therapist assisting with special needs children.”

Congratulations Kathy!

We want to recognize other nominated teachers for their outstanding work. Each teacher will receive $25 in books. Thanks for all you do!

Susan Foster from St. Augustine, Florida

Michelle Kunz from Des Moines, Iowa

Kelsey Bower from Iowa

Cindy Barnhardt from Arkansas

Linda Marshall from Florida

Ana Chacon from Florida

Cynthia Hutchinson from Florida

Michelle Martinez from Florida

Karen Mejia from Florida

Esme Leal from Humble, Texas

Kristin Henness from Oklahoma

Gerald Stephens from Hoover, Alabama

Melinda Willingham from Cullman, Alabama

Ann Marie Corgill from Mountain Brook, Alabama

Sara Henry from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Jessica Czymanski from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Angela Sadowski from Racine, Wisconsin