Grade Level: First Grade

From: Lafayette, Lousiana

Favorite Book: Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco

Favorite Teaching Moment: My favorite moments are when I become the characters inAngel Rodrigue
the books when reading to my class.  Aren’t all teachers closet actors?

When you have free time you like to: I love to spend time at my family’s camp. We have camp fires,
fish off our dock, and enjoy the serenity of nature.

If you were an animal you would be a: Butterfly

Favorite Food: Mediterranean cuisine

Favorite Movie/TV Show: Grey’s Anatomy

Angel love’s to cook!  She says, “My husband looks forward to our “gourmet
summers” because I have extra time to research recipes, shop, and cook.  Our
two teenage daughters keep us very busy.”

Angel Rodrigue

Congratulations Angel!

We want to recognize other nominated teachers for their outstanding work. Each teacher will receive $25 in books. Thanks for all you do!

Susan Foster from St. Augustine, Florida

Michelle Kunz from Des Moines, Iowa

Kelsey Bower from Iowa

Cindy Barnhardt from Arkansas

Linda Marshall from Florida

Ana Chacon from Florida

Cynthia Hutchinson from Florida

Michelle Martinez from Florida

Karen Mejia from Florida

Esme Leal from Humble, Texas

Kristin Henness from Oklahoma

Gerald Stephens from Hoover, Alabama

Melinda Willingham from Cullman, Alabama

Ann Marie Corgill from Mountain Brook, Alabama

Sara Henry from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Jessica Czymanski from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Angela Sadowski from Racine, Wisconsin