“Give me liberty or give me death!” Who was it that said that? Patrick Henry of course! Primary source materials can add passion and punch to your lessons. The Text Exemplars from Appendix B of the Common Core State Standards include several primary source materials. These exemplars are the types of texts that your students should encounter in their studies. Coincidentally, Booksource offers a wide selection of fantastic classroom titles that include primary source materials. Here’s a list of some of our favorites!

The Boys' War - Booksource Declaration of Independence And Other Great Documents of American History - Booksource Eleanor Roosevelt - Booksource The Extrardinary Mark Twain - Booksource Great Speeches by African Americans - Booksource

  1. The Boys’ War (Grades 5-8, Level Y, Lexile 1060)
  2. The Declaration Of Independence And Other Great Documents Of American
    History, 1775-1864 (Grades 7-12)
  3. Eleanor, Quiet No More (Grades K-4, Lexile AD670)
  4. The Extraordinary Mark Twain (According To Susy) (Grades 2-6, Level U, Lexile
    AD1090)
  5. Great Speeches By African Americans (Grades 9-12)
  6. I Never Saw Another Butterfly: Children’s Drawings And Poems From Terezin
    Concentration Camp, 1942-1944 (Grades 5-9)
  7. A Little House Traveler (Grades 5-9)
  8. The Penguin Book Of Twentieth Century Speeches (Grades 9-12)
  9. Seeds Of Change (Grades 2-4, Level R, Lexile 820)
  10. Titanic: Voices From The Disaster (Grades 4-8, Lexile 1040)

I Never Saw Another Butterfly - Booksource Little House Traveler - Booksource Speeches - The Penguin Book of Twentieth-Century - Booksource Seeds of Change - Booksource Titanic - Voices of the Disaster - Booksource